What a successful outing! From Namibian Capital – Windhoek, the She Cranes will be travelling back home heavily loaded with first, Gold, then second, a Silver Medal.
The two success sports stories by the girls from the pearl of Africa – Uganda or call them the Netball She Cranes have already been told, but will be retold by the team members immediately they touch soil at Entebbe international airport.
She Cranes were crowned Champions of the African Pent series 2021 in Windhoek, Namibia. They had an impeccable performance earning all the maximum points needed in the tournament.
Before defeating the hosts, the Cranes had already completed four victories against Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Kenya. The five-day Pent Series event featuring six nations paved way for yet another tournament, the Africa Netball Championship that kicked-off November 10-16 still held in the Namibian Capital.
A pent Series win gave team Uganda the courage as they headed into the African Netball Championship (ANC). At the ANC, Uganda’s only opposition was South Africa that handed them their only loss and therefore settling for Silver behind eventual winners South Africa crowned with Gold.
A loss against South Africa and a draw with Malawi (44 points all) meant that Uganda finishes second at the championships. They had beaten Malawi before at the Pent Series.
As they plan a return journey from the Windhoek Netball outing, She Cranes dedicates their double straight performances to the creator. “We are coming back home with two, the Gold from Pent Series and Silver in Africa Netball Championship 2021. We glorify God for this performance,”
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.12.02Things Fall Apart: Minister Okello Oryem fights Son in his Office for accusing him of Neglecting, Forsaking and Sidelining Family
- Featured2021.11.29War Signals: The Cold but Corrosive War already in its embryonic phase could be waged in Uganda Netball
- Featured2021.11.25Dis/Advantage Champions League: UBF Launches one of its kind Boxing Champions League but with Issues
- Featured2021.11.23NWSC Honored by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda for Excellence in Sustainability Reporting