Courtesy Story: In line with the National Water and Sewerage Corporation’s (NWSC) Strategic Priority Area (SPA) of skilling and workforce development under the new Corporate Plan (2021 – 2024), the Training & Capacity Development Department successfully concluded a week long training for Plumbers and Water Technicians in the Western region in preparation for skills assessment and certification by the Directorate of Industrial Training (DIT), Ministry of Education & Sports.
The Training took place in Mbarara from 4th to 5th April 20222 and in Bushenyi at the corporation’s Western & South western Region Resource Centre (WESREC) from 6th to 7th April 2022. It was characterized by 70% practical and 30% theory sessions.
A total of six trades are earmarked for certification this year. These are; Industrial Plumbers, Water Quality Technicians, Electro-mechanical Technicians, Fecal Sludge Plant Operators, Sewage Service Technicians and Water Treatment Plant Operators.
Notably, a total of 62 Plumbers and Water Technicians under NWSC’s Mbarara, Kamwenge, Ibanda, Lyantonde, Bushenyi, Rubirizi, Sheema and Kasese Areas, benefited from this training.
The benefits of Workers PAS assessment to NWSC Technicians include; provision of qualifications to informally skilled technicians with great experience, helps in the assessment levels of skills with formally trained technicians, provides insight in technicians’ capabilities; i.e. whether they can work with or without supervision and lastly reveals skills gaps that require further focused training. NWSC remains committed to Water for All, for a delighted customer by a delighted workforce.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee