As part of the National Water and Sewerage Corporation’s Public Relations Action Plan and Corporate Social Responsibility, NWSC launched its first ever cleaning campaign dubbed “Tukwatire Wamu, in all Kampala Water zones on Saturday 2nd July 2022.
This campaign is a call to all stakeholders to join hands with NWSC to ensure Water and Sanitation for all Ugandans and also aims to; Mobilize community participation towards a clean city, Sensitize the community about water and sanitation related services, sensitize customers on proposed and ongoing projects aimed at serving them better and, handle water supply related issues e.g., high billing, no water cases, low pressure and many more.
The inaugural event targeted markets and trading centers within the Greater Kampala Metropolitan with each Kampala Water Zone well represented thus; Western Zone (Kaleirwe Market, Nansana Market & Kyengera market), Eastern Zone (Kasokoso Acoli quarters, Kilombe-Ntinda & Luzira Portbell Market) and the Central Zone (Kisenyi health center, Najja/Kibuye Market, Kinawataka-Mbuya Market & Kamwokya Mulimira Zone)
The main event which took place at Kisenyi Health Center IV, saw staff and various political players donate items to the hospital and support the cause Notably, KW partnered with local leadership in the various divisions and municipalities to reach out to communities. The exercise will be a bi-annual event in all NWSC’s areas of operation.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Education2022.08.06New Term: Educ Minister Janet Museveni Re-Appoints NWSC MD Dr. Eng. Silver Mugisha as UBTEB Board Chairperson
- Uncategorized2022.07.25Let’s Join Hands For Life: Kampala Water Inaugurates ‘Tukwatire Wamu` NWSC Cleaning Campaign
- Politics2022.07.11Program Out: Electoral Commission Starts Display of Voters Register for Local Government Councils By-Elections
- Fashion2022.07.09How City Fashionista Radically Hid Sevo`s Military General from US-Based Official Wife Visiting For Conjugal Rights