Renowned TV and Radio Presenter, Journalist Ibrahim Shamiru Byakika has confirmed he is leaving NBS Media Group, bringing to an end, the six-year journey with the Jinja City based Station.
Shamiru presented his last show on June 30th 20022 where, he announced his departure. Later, he went onto all his social media platforms and issued a statement; “Hello Bantu Bange, 30th June 2022 Ekitangaaza was my final Programme @Nbs Fm and last day at the Station. A great Six years at this great station have finally come to an end,” his Social Media Message reads.
“Thank you, Chairman, Brother, Boss, and Honorable, Nathan Igeme Nabeta (NIN) for the opportunity and mentorship. Thank you the NBS Management, Newsroom for the support,” he said, before adding; “To you, the Listeners, thank you for Tuning in and thank you for loving me, my Programs, etc. I can’t wait to tell Nti: OBUSOGA BULAIRE.”
Ibrahim Shamiru Byakika joined NBS Fm as a News Anchor/Presenter, talk show host in February 2016 has been one of the formidable figures at the station where he has been a senior journalist, investigative journalist, and news anchor.
Byakika started his journalism journey on Bamboo FM, then worked at Radio Bilal at the Uganda Muslim Supreme Council headquarters, Apex FM and Source FM before landing at NBS Media Group where, he has worked for six years, gaining most of his experience in media as a news anchor and Political Show host. We understand that he has since moved to Ntinda-based Baba Media Group for similar assignments.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Education2022.08.06New Term: Educ Minister Janet Museveni Re-Appoints NWSC MD Dr. Eng. Silver Mugisha as UBTEB Board Chairperson
- Uncategorized2022.07.25Let’s Join Hands For Life: Kampala Water Inaugurates ‘Tukwatire Wamu` NWSC Cleaning Campaign
- Politics2022.07.11Program Out: Electoral Commission Starts Display of Voters Register for Local Government Councils By-Elections
- Fashion2022.07.09How City Fashionista Radically Hid Sevo`s Military General from US-Based Official Wife Visiting For Conjugal Rights