The Electoral Commission have, on Monday 11th July 2022, started displaying the National Voters Register ahead of the local Government councils` by-elections, The Investigator reports.
This is in preparation for the elections that will include Special Interest Groups (SIGs), in electoral areas across the country where, vacancies exist. The EC has appointed 11th July to 20th July 2022 as the period for the display of the National Voters Register, reads the press statement issues over the weekend.
The display of the Voters Register shall begin at 8:00am and end at 6:00pm on each day, including weekends, at each Polling Station in the affected electoral areas across the country. During the exercise, Voters’ Registers for the Special Interest Groups (SIGs) will be displayed in particular area where vacancies for the respective elective positions exist. These (SIGs) include;
1. Register for the Youths
2. Registers of Persons with Disabilities (PWDs); and.
3.Registers of Older Persons.
EC says the purpose of this display exercise is to enable voters check for the correctness of their particulars on the respective Voter’s Register. After the display exercise, the lists of all the persons recommended for deletion from, or inclusion on the Voters Register will also be displayed for a period of six (6) days. That is, from 22nd to 27th 2022, at the respective parish/ward headquarters within the affected areas. This is an important exercise, which could determine whether one votes on polling day or not, therefore, people are encouraged to go and check for the accuracy of their particulars on the register.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Crime news2023.03.22Mabaati Saga: Discernment as Speaker Among is Finally Allowed to Return the `Stolen` Iron Sheets but Kadaga, Nabbanja, Alupo and Kashaija Face the Music
- Business2023.03.11Kampala Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago Leads Sudanese Delegation for a Familiarization Tour of the NWSC Bugolobi Sewerage Treatment Plant
- Business2023.02.27Uganda to Host the Next African Water Association Congress and Exhibition as NWSC MD DR. Eng. Silver Mugisha wins Second Presidential Term
- Entertainment2023.02.20Made in Ghetto: Namuwongo Blazers, A Proud Basketball Club Changing Fortunes and with an A-List Category Fans Cheering