National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) MD Dr. Eng. Silver Mugisha has, for a second time, been re-appointed the `new` Board Chairperson of the Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB), for a period of 3 years. He was re-appointed by the Hon. Minister of Education and Sports, Janet Kataaha Museveni.
The event was officiated by the State Minister for Higher Education, Hon. John Chrysostom Muyingo. Eng. Mugisha will lead a team of 15 Board Members in line with the Statutory Instrument 2009 No.9 that established UBTEB. The reappointment is against the background of a successful board tenure from 2019 to 2022.
UBTEB Board Members 2022- 2025
1. Dr. Eng. Silver Mugisha – Managing Director, NWSC
2. Dr. Umar – Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs)
3. Prof. Maud Kamatenesi – Mugisha- Vice Chancellor, Bishop Stuart University, Mbarara
4. Mr. Deus Mutesigensi Faida – Principal, Uganda College of Commerce, Pakwach
5. Ms. Nakyobe Safinah – Ag. Deputy 6. Director/Qualification Standards, Directorate id Industrial Training.
6. Mr. David Ochieng – Assistant Commissioner, Selection Systems, Public Service Commission
7. Mr. David Mubiru Luyima – Principal Education Officer Technical/BTVET
8. Mr. Richard Musafiri – Principal Industrial Officer Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives
9. Mr. Simon Amuku – Senior Staff Surveyor, Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development.
10. Eng. John V Twinomujuni – Commissioner Urban Water and Sewerage Services, Ministry of Water and Environment.
11. Mr. Micheal Ocero – Assistant Commissioner/ Information Technology, Ministry of Information Communications Technology and National Guidance
12. Mr. Francis Bongonyinge – Assistant Printery Manager, UNEB
13. Mr. John Habiyaremye – Manager Human Resource and Administration, National Curriculum Development Center.
14. Mr. Joshua Lukaye – Ag Assistant Commissioner, Exploration Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
15. Ms. Oyuru Jennifer – Assistant Commissioner Agriculture Extension Skills Management, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
Eng. Mugisha together with the outgoing Board members achieved the following during the 2019- 2022 leadership years;
– TVET policy 2019 and Reforms
– The Board transited from a subvention under the Ministry of Education and Sports to a Vote Function effective 1st July 2021
– The Board launched a Strategic Plan 2021- 2025 anchored to the NDPIII, Manifesto among other policies.
– Staff Enhancement from 37.1% to 47.3%
– Steady positive increase in resource allocation to UBTEB over the three years from UGX28.56Bn to UGX31.875Bn for F/Y ending 30th June 2022 and 33.733BN this F/Y.
– Unveiled plans for the construction of the UBTEB Assessment Center at Kyambogo.
– Increment in the accredited assessment centers and candidature from 15,903 candidates from 184 accredited examination centers to now 615 centers and 92,223 candidates.
– Partnership with the world of work and professional bodies/assemblies
– Passing of the Board Policies and Documents
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee
- Featured2022.11.30Still a ‘BIG’ Puzzle and Not a Cup of Football Tea for My African Brothers: But Kudos to Ghana, Morocco and Senegal`s Shocker
- Featured2022.11.26Dr. Kizza Warren Besigye: The Ugandan Opposition Giant who Many Still love to Conveniently Perceive a Museveni Mole