In commemoration of its 50 years of service, National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) has launched a series of celebratory activities throughout the month of November that precedes the climax of celebrations to be held at the Kololo Independence grounds. President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni is expected to grace the event as the chief guest.
Notable among the first events is the thanksgiving prayer that was held at the Corporation’s International Resource Center (IREC) on 19th November 2022, led by the Supreme Mufti of Uganda, Sheikh Shaban Ramathan Mubajje. The Sheikh applauded NWSC for the service provided, considering water is essential in the Muslim community that has to get ablution over five times a day, in order to perform the five daily prayers.
Alluding to the Quran, he quoted, “Allah declared water as a basis and origin of life”. He added that the Messenger of Allah, Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) when asked what the best charity is, he responded, “providing water”. He implored customers to ensure their bills are paid as this is an obligation to guarantee continuity of service.
Mubajje also expressed gratitude to the Corporation for the generous contribution of 30 million shillings made towards the renovation of the Uganda Muslim Supreme Council Gadhafi Mosque in Old Kampala that was handed over by NWSC-Deputy Managing Director Technical Services, Eng. Johnson Amayo.
This he said, is service to Allah.
NWSC Board Chairman, Eng. Badru Kiggundu, DMD Technical Services Johnson Amayo, and General Manager-KW, Eng. Mahmood Lutaaya thanked the Muslim community and institutions for promoting the Corporation and pledged to continue providing clean safe water to customers. Gratitude is the key to attracting abundance, prosperity, peace, and success.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee