This is part of NWSC’s commitment to supporting the Government of Uganda’s Oil and Gas development. “We have kicked off the extension of water supply services to the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Main Camp and Pipe Yard 3 (MCPY3) and Pumping Station 2 (PS2) located in Sembabule,” reads the statement.
The Project is meant to ease the construction and subsequent operation of the Oil Pipeline from Hoima to Tanzania. The Sembabule Component entails laying of a 4.2km OD90 to DN200 uPVC and HDPE pipeline to MCPY3, and a 10km DN160 to DN200 UPVC pipeline to PS2. The water extensions are meant to deliver up to 200,000 and 120,000 liters of water per day to MCPY3 and PS2 respectively. The Camp is envisaged to house more than 600 people.
Following the completion of detailed designs, NWSC has delivered materials to the respective sites and commenced on the construction works. The works, which are expected to be completed within six weeks, shall draw water from the recently completed Sembabule Water Supply Project, which saw water production in Sembabule upgraded from 300,000 to 3,000,000 liters per day.
The EACOP Project phase, which will see the new Oil Pipeline constructed from Kabale in Hoima National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) in commitment towards transforming Uganda’s economy, has partnered with the East African Crude Oil Pipeline Project (EACOP) to support their ongoing Oil Pipeline development Project, through the provision of adequate and reliable water supply services for their project.
The EACOP is a 1,443km crude oil export pipeline that will transport Uganda’s crude oil from Kabale-Hoima in Uganda to the Chongo leaning peninsula near Tanga port in, through Mubende, Sembabule, Mutukula, and then Tanzania, will have several Pumping Stations, Main Camps and Pipe Yards. To facilitate their operations, NWSC has since embarked on a process extend reliable water supply services to these stations.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2023.03.24UPDF Applauded By Visiting United Nations Delegation on Fact Finding Mission Over Great Contribution Towards the Regional Security
- Crime news2023.03.22Mabaati Saga: Discernment as Speaker Among is Finally Allowed to Return the `Stolen` Iron Sheets but Kadaga, Nabbanja, Alupo and Kashaija Face the Music
- Business2023.03.11Kampala Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago Leads Sudanese Delegation for a Familiarization Tour of the NWSC Bugolobi Sewerage Treatment Plant
- Business2023.02.27Uganda to Host the Next African Water Association Congress and Exhibition as NWSC MD DR. Eng. Silver Mugisha wins Second Presidential Term