It was a night of jubilation and cheers as Pebuu Africa, Uganda’s leading Fintech firm, clinched the prestigious Go Global Award for impact investment at the influential International Trade Council annual Go Global Awards held in Rhode Island, USA on November 8th 2023. The event saw the presence of numerous officials from various world economies, including the U.S. Secretary of Commerce, former ambassadors from different U.S. embassies, and dignitaries from across the globe.
Pebuu Africa emerged victorious in the top finance category for its Pebuu School Card project, a groundbreaking initiative aimed at providing cashless payment solutions for school-age children who lack access to mobile phones and are traditionally excluded from the cashless ecosystem.
U.S. Secretary of Commerce, Gina Raimondo, extended her congratulations to all the winners, underscoring the significant contributions made by these companies not only to the United States but also to communities worldwide. She emphasized the importance of fostering critical networks in global supply chains and emphasized that the United States was not engaged in competition with other countries; rather, it was striving to excel through a network of professional international business experts deployed in more than 100 foreign missions.
Pebuu Africa was one of the three African companies to receive these prestigious awards, with the other two hailing from Ghana and South Africa. Sources indicate that the Uganda Investment Authority was expected to attend the event as part of its efforts to promote foreign direct investments on a global scale. In their absence, Pebuu Africa took up the mantle and represented Uganda on the international stage, ultimately achieving this remarkable feat.
Accompanied by its CEO, John Paul Ssemyalo, Pebuu Africa was honored for its outstanding impact investment in the financial sector. The company is widely recognized for pioneering financial technology and agent management solutions in Uganda, collaborating with some of the country’s largest banking institutions to drive financial inclusion and innovation.
Looking ahead, the annual Go Global Awards event is set to be hosted in London next year, and it is expected to draw hundreds of finalists from more than 81 countries around the world. This marks a significant milestone for Pebuu Africa, as it becomes the first Ugandan company to reach the finalist stage and claim the prestigious Go Global Award, showcasing the country’s growing influence and prominence on the global stage.
Pebuu Africa’s victory at the Go Global Awards is a testament to the company’s dedication to advancing financial technology and fostering impactful solutions that address critical gaps in financial inclusion. Congratulations to Pebuu Africa for this well-deserved recognition and for carrying the flag of Uganda to the highest international acclaim.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- BusinessNovember 9, 2023Thumbs Up for Pebuu Africa: The Uganda`s Leading Fintech Firm Which Clinched the Prestigious Go Global Award at International Trade Council in USA
- FeaturedOctober 16, 2023President Yoweri Museveni Announces Wealth Creation and Poverty Alleviation Initiative for Karamoja Sub-region
- EntertainmentOctober 15, 2023A Useless Sports Forum: Very High-Profile and Very Useless Sports Meeting Without Fruitful Expectations Save for Opening Wounds – Both Old and Fresh
- BusinessOctober 1, 2023NWSC Progress: Indicators of National Water and Sewerage Corporation as the Entity Continues on the Challenging Path to Growth Thus Far