Renowned promoter Balaam Barugahara of Balaam Events and Promotions has embarked on an uphill drive to have prominent singers Sheebah Karungi and Pallaso banned, The Investigator reports.
Balaam is starting the heavy project by petitioning the Uganda Promoters Association President Abbey Musinguzi aka Abitex, in a bid to effect a two year ban against Sheeba and Pius Mayanja aka Pallaso, over a melee that ensued at a show in Masaka recently.
The duo was contracted to perform at the show but are alleged to have arrived late and took their time to head to the stage which infuriated the already agitated fans.
To add salt to injury, as Sheebah negotiated her way onto the stage for her performance, a black out ensued which issue the organizer tried to solve by imploring the services of a generator that also, sadly malfunctioned.
It is at this time that all hell broke loose. The fans ran riotous and started destroying property like Chairs, sound equipment, and screens among other valuables ranging in several millions of shillings.
To his end, Balaam asserts that it has unfortunately become a trend of Ugandan artistes most especially musicians, to accept payment to appear at gigs and then, either fail to show up or come too late at the agreed date and rendezvous.
“Some of these artistes with a mere two trending songs are abusing the rights of their fans and promoters. Imagine someone has sold their produce to watch them and they don’t show up! What do you expect to happen? Of course, mayhem!’’ said an agitated Balaam.
He further went on to state that even if the body says otherwise or takes its time, his Balaam events and promotions have with immediate effect embarked on the two-year ban, thus the duo will not appear at any shows organized by the company.
By the time we went to press the UPA president Abitex was yet to issue a statement on the same, or what they plan to do to curtail such developments in future.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the chief administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Entertainment2022.05.11Necessary Rant: Lines Drawn as Struggle to Reclaim National Theatre Management is Launched against the Current Ruins
- Entertainment2022.05.09Eddy Kenzo Advises Bebe Cool to Halt his Clamor Campaign against Big Dimes Paid to Visiting Artistes
- Featured2022.05.05Parliament Blocks Minister Betty Amongi, UNCC, NCF and UMA`s Cartel in a Sham UGX30Bn Studio Deal
- Music2022.05.05Revelation Xclusive: Juliana Kanyomozi Ditched Winston TShaka`s Baileys` Deal for her Looming JK Relaunch