The Electoral Commission has released the electoral programme for the by-election of Member of Parliament for Omoro County Constituency, Omoro District. During the electoral programme, the Commission will also fill the vacancy for District Woman Councillor representing Lalogi/Lakwaya Electoral Area, Omoro District.
The by-election programme will commence with an update of the National Voters’ Register from 14th to 19th April 2022, at update stations in each of the thirty-seven (37) parishes in Omoro County Constituency.
The Commission has appointed Tuesday 19th April 2022 as the cut-off date for registration of voters in the Constituency. Registration and transfer of voters from one polling station to another within Omoro County will not be conducted after this date.
The display of the National Voters’ Register will be conducted from 25th April to 5th May 2022, at all the eighty-four (84) polling stations in Omoro County. The nomination of candidates will be conducted for a period of two days, that is, Thursday 12th and Friday 13th May 2022 at Omoro District Council Hall.
Campaign meetings for candidates for Member of Parliament and District Woman Councillor will be held from 16th to 24th May 2022. Polling for Member of Parliament District Woman Councillor shall take place on Thursday 26th May 2022 at all polling stations in Omoro County Constituency, and (polling) shall start at 7:00am and close at 4:00pm.
The Omoro County Constituency Parliamentary seat fell vacant following the death of the former Member of Parliament and former Speaker of Parliament, the Rt. Hon. Jacob L’Okori Oulanyah on March 20th 2022.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the chief administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Entertainment2022.05.11Necessary Rant: Lines Drawn as Struggle to Reclaim National Theatre Management is Launched against the Current Ruins
- Entertainment2022.05.09Eddy Kenzo Advises Bebe Cool to Halt his Clamor Campaign against Big Dimes Paid to Visiting Artistes
- Featured2022.05.05Parliament Blocks Minister Betty Amongi, UNCC, NCF and UMA`s Cartel in a Sham UGX30Bn Studio Deal
- Music2022.05.05Revelation Xclusive: Juliana Kanyomozi Ditched Winston TShaka`s Baileys` Deal for her Looming JK Relaunch