The Electoral Commission has released a detailed programme for conducting the by-election of Member of Parliament for Bukimbiri County Constituency, Kisoro District. The by–election programme will commence with an update of the National Voters’ Register from Monday 20th to Friday 24th June, 2022 at update stations in each of the twenty-four (24) parishes in Bukimbiri County.
The Commission appointed Friday 24th June 2022 as the cut-off date for applying for registration as a voter and for transfer of voting location in the County. The registration and transfer of voters from one polling station to another within Bukimbiri County will not take place after Friday 24th June 2022.
The display of the Voters’ Register will be conducted for a period of ten (10) days, that is, from Tuesday 12th July to Thursday 21st July 2022, at all the seventy-two (72) polling stations in Bukimbiri County. The Display of Parish Tribunal Recommendations for deletion from/or inclusion on the Register will be conducted for six (6) days, from Friday 22nd July to Wednesday 27th 2022 at the respective Parish Headquarters.
The nomination of candidates will be conducted on Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd August, 2022 at the Office of the District Returning Officer, Kisoro. Nominated candidates will conduct campaign meetings for seven (7) days, from Wednesday 3rd August till Tuesday 9th August, 2022. Polling and tallying of results for by-election of Member of Parliament will be conducted on Thursday 11th August, 2022. The Parliamentary seat for Bukimbiri County fell vacant following a court ruling which set aside the results of the 2021 Elections.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Crime newsOctober 5, 2023Security Beat NUP at Its One-Million-Man Match but Bobi Wins the Ultimate Humane Battle that Saw Sorry Boda-Boda Riders and Humble Journalists Arrested
- BusinessOctober 2, 2023Ugly Twist: How American Meg Hilbert Has Taken Over the Contested Jakana Family Business, Discarding its 94-Year-Old Ugandan Founder to the Gutter
- BusinessSeptember 25, 2023Tenterhooks as High Court Stays Ruling on Halting Lawyer Felix Kintu Nteza`s UGX195M Fraud Case Proceedings at Buganda Road Magistrates Court
- Crime newsSeptember 24, 2023Trouble as Ministry of Internal Affairs is drawn into a High-Stakes Child Custody Battle Involving a Prominent City Car Dealer being Accused of Immigration Influence