In a stunning revelation, former Vice President Prof. Gilbert Balibaseka Bukenya has revealed that if he had not been duped by culture and religion, he would never have made the mistake of getting married in his life.
Bukenya, who now cherries the independence of living alone without strings attached, says that he is free to mingle without any interference and that it is one of life’s privileges that he has attained at an old age.
The former Vice President further alludes to this liberty to being the cornerstone for his youthful demeanor, dress code, hard party lifestyle and ability to indulge in Whiskey and sometimes cigar sessions with unabated female company.
It should be noted that Dr Margaret Mary Musoke, the now ex-wife of former Vice President Gilbert Bukenya dragged her then husband to court seeking to end their marriage of 45-years, over alleged string of extra-marital affairs dating as early as 1982.
In her divorce application, Dr Margaret Musoke said that Gilbert Bukenya had committed adultery with several women in the course of their marriage, alleegedly including singers like Irene Namubiru and Sheila Nvanungi.
She also named Jamila Nakku, Teddy Ndagire, Stella Njuba, and Margaret Nyabongo among others whom she said have caused unfathomable distress to her life.
“The respondent has had several other marital affairs, which have been highly publicized in the media much in my shame and ridicule. These women, among others, include Ms Irene Namubiru, Princess Sheila Nvannungi”, part of her application at the High Court, Family Division read in part.
Dr Musoke also stated that her husband had abandoned their marital home, in Ntinda, Kampala in the year 2012 for a secluded residence in Garuga, Katomi where “he hosts scandalous sensual parties, including the infamous bikini parties with young girls and socialites.”
She, then prayed Court to dissolve their marriage. Bukenya and wife were joined in the Holy Matrimony on September 21, 1974, at St. Augustine Chapel in Makerere University, Kampala.
It is during the same interview that Bukenya, revealed that he was relieved of the pressure and limitations of marriage and that he was happy about the outcome of the suit that eventually gave him the swanky life style he now lives.
He also said that he is now also kept busy by conducting lectures at several universities around the globe, from which he earns lots of money. A local village circle which benefits his constituents, a hospitality business, farming and of course his emoluments as a former Vice President.
Bukenya graduated with a Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery at Makerere University in the 1970s before working briefly at Mbale Hospital as a medical officer up to 1982 when he left for Papua New Guinea together with his wife.
While outside Uganda, he obtained degrees of Master of Sciences, Doctor of Sciences and Doctor of Philosophy, specializing in public health. In 1992, the couple returned to Uganda and Bukenya was also appointed the Dean of Makerere University Medical School from 1994-1996.
Bukenya joined politics in 1996, where he became a Member of Parliament for Busiro North. At the time, he was also chairman of the ruling NRM in the Buganda region. He replaced Dr. Specioza Wandira Kazibwe as the Vice President of Uganda in 2003 and later lost his Member of Parliament seat. The two have three children; Richard Mutawonga Bukenya, 48, Georgina Nabukenya Bukenya, 45, and Gilbert Roy Bukenya Kamoga, 40.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- BusinessSeptember 25, 2023Tenterhooks as High Court Stays Ruling on Halting Lawyer Felix Kintu Nteza`s UGX195M Fraud Case Proceedings at Buganda Road Magistrates Court
- Crime newsSeptember 24, 2023Trouble as Ministry of Internal Affairs is drawn into a High-Stakes Child Custody Battle Involving a Prominent City Car Dealer being Accused of Immigration Influence
- EntertainmentSeptember 18, 2023Fare Thee Well Darling: Delicately Voiced Singer Evelyn Nakabira ‘Lagu’ Goes Home Sad and Disappointed but with a Hope-filled Smile
- BusinessSeptember 18, 2023Micho: The `Serbian Wol-Off`s Second Marriage Whose Divorce was Simply a Waste of Time, One With Magogo and Not for Football