A Ugandan social media fan has led the challenge to the Speaker Anita Among to use her position as the head of the national assembly to ban the practice of bleaching of the skin. Bleaching is highly ill-advised given that it is scientifically proven to be one of the major causes of cancer. Yet such a call is a pretty challenging one given that the national assembly Speaker is one among several high-ranking government officials suspected to be bleaching
Subsequently and going by the fact that monkeys can’t be trusted to sit in the case involving the banning of forests, it is highly doubtful that Among herself, being a suspiciouly fan of bleaching, can obviously sit in a judgement of banning the practice. Some of the prominent Ugandan leaders who are suspiciouly fond of bleaching are Gen Jeje Odongo, Yozefu Tamale Mirundi, Among’s own spouse, Eng Moses Magogo and Pastor Peter Ssematimba.
Speaker Among herself was the first to put out a tweet urging Ugandans to send what they seek to be priotized during the return of the national assembly currently on recess. Responding to the Rt. Hon Speaker’s call, the tweeter fan, Robert Ssali urged her to ponder on banning the practise of bleaching. Ssali’s challenge received a lot of support from fellow posters.
Bleaching used in the past to be a vice practised among the lowly placed Ugandan women and artists.But the same has since been scandalously embraced by the high-ranking government and religious leaders,particularly of the Born Again faith. Whether Among will take up Ssali’s challenge and table a bill seeking to ban the practise of bleaching, and whether the same will be sanctioned by the rest of the lawmakers and finally by the President himself, is everyone’s guess.
- Mr. Stephen Kasozi Muwambi is a seasoned crime investigative writer, majoring in judicial-based stories. His two decades’ experience as a senior investigative journalist has made him one of the best to reckon on in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected]
- Business2022.11.24Dawn of Bisanja Politics at NSSF: A Story of a Top Executive who was Floored by Interviews but Museveni Rescued Him
- Business2022.11.23Arch Peter Kamya Feared Poisoned as His Ssimbamannyo and Afrique Suites Row with Sudhir and Equity Bank Rages On
- Opinion2022.11.22Ronaldo: He Blames Everyone Save for Himself, over His Dipping Form Courtesy of His Overstay at the Pitch
- Business2022.11.21Flashback: How Sudhir Staked His Properties in Resettlement of Taxpayers` UGX311Bn Loot but later Turned Around