Former Rubaga South MP and actor Paul Kato Lubwama, has ferociously begun lobbying for government funding after he scooped a role in a Turkish movie titled ‘Yabangi’. According to Kato, he scooped the role in the movie after being contacted and vetted by the Turkey Film Board (TFB), through his Image Africa outfit.
‘Yabangi’ is Turkish word loosely translated as ‘The foreigner’ is based on the life of a son of a ‘Black’ immigrant, who falls in love with the daughter of his boss, thus eventually creating tension between the master and his subject. However, in the heat of the moment, love surpasses the boundaries of race, culture and ethnicity as the couple overcomes the hurdles which blossoms their romance.
Turkish government, through its Film and Tourism board is ready to fund part of the film production that will be done at a location in Uganda and Turkey, the two origins of the actors. Kato and his team of six have already met the Turkish Ambassador to Uganda, H.E Karem Alp and his Ugandan Counterpart Hon. Nusura Tiperu, who have promised to coordinate the pertaining needed overheads.
With its script premised on Tourism, Gender, Labor and Social welfare, plus Information Technology (ICT), Image Africa has embarked on contacting these ministries to lobby for one million US$ that is the Ugandan quarter required to finalize the film. If this project is realized, it will set a new precedent in the Uganda and Turkey film industry by opening casting roles in the vast Istanbul/Ankara markets for Ugandan actors.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Crime newsOctober 5, 2023Security Beat NUP at Its One-Million-Man Match but Bobi Wins the Ultimate Humane Battle that Saw Sorry Boda-Boda Riders and Humble Journalists Arrested
- BusinessOctober 2, 2023Ugly Twist: How American Meg Hilbert Has Taken Over the Contested Jakana Family Business, Discarding its 94-Year-Old Ugandan Founder to the Gutter
- BusinessSeptember 25, 2023Tenterhooks as High Court Stays Ruling on Halting Lawyer Felix Kintu Nteza`s UGX195M Fraud Case Proceedings at Buganda Road Magistrates Court
- Crime newsSeptember 24, 2023Trouble as Ministry of Internal Affairs is drawn into a High-Stakes Child Custody Battle Involving a Prominent City Car Dealer being Accused of Immigration Influence