Former Rubaga South MP and actor Paul Kato Lubwama, has ferociously begun lobbying for government funding after he scooped a role in a Turkish movie titled ‘Yabangi’. According to Kato, he scooped the role in the movie after being contacted and vetted by the Turkey Film Board (TFB), through his Image Africa outfit.
‘Yabangi’ is Turkish word loosely translated as ‘The foreigner’ is based on the life of a son of a ‘Black’ immigrant, who falls in love with the daughter of his boss, thus eventually creating tension between the master and his subject. However, in the heat of the moment, love surpasses the boundaries of race, culture and ethnicity as the couple overcomes the hurdles which blossoms their romance.
Turkish government, through its Film and Tourism board is ready to fund part of the film production that will be done at a location in Uganda and Turkey, the two origins of the actors. Kato and his team of six have already met the Turkish Ambassador to Uganda, H.E Karem Alp and his Ugandan Counterpart Hon. Nusura Tiperu, who have promised to coordinate the pertaining needed overheads.
With its script premised on Tourism, Gender, Labor and Social welfare, plus Information Technology (ICT), Image Africa has embarked on contacting these ministries to lobby for one million US$ that is the Ugandan quarter required to finalize the film. If this project is realized, it will set a new precedent in the Uganda and Turkey film industry by opening casting roles in the vast Istanbul/Ankara markets for Ugandan actors.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Entertainment2022.11.29MK Project: Chair Toyota Nuwagira is a Selfless Ugandan Philanthropist just Being Targeted by Money-Hungry Hangers-on
- Business2022.11.25Old Guards Out: Youthful Humphrey Nzeyi is New Private Sector Foundation Board Chairman Amidst Scare to Retain Old Board
- Business2022.11.23Gumisiriza Ian: M7 Unmasks Own Blue-Eyed Spy on City Markets, Fortuitously Exposing Him to Blood-thirsty Mafias
- Business2022.11.22Media And Journalism: Voluntary Journalism is a Sad Reality of Today’s Scribe who Thrive on Bribes, Tips