The Electoral Commission dispatched materials for Special Interest Groups (SIGs), Presidential and Parliamentary elections to all districts in the country yesterday. The packing of the polling materials had commenced in the month of December last year.
The materials are for elections of Councillors for SIGs; older persons, persons with disabilities (PWD) and youths, to Sub Country/Town Council/Municipal Division which will be held on 11th January this year. Materials for similar groups for Municipality/City Division elections to be held on 12th January as well as Presidential and General Parliamentary Elections to be held on 14th January this year were dispatched.
The dispatch will continue until all districts are duly served. The Commission pledged to have all districts well supplied in time for this cycle of elections. At the time of the flag off, Busia, Butambala, Mukono, Iganga, Karenga, Kasese, Agago, Sironko and Terego were ready for dispatch.
The Returning Officers and District Police Commanders (DPCs) at the various districts will take charge of the security of the polling materials. Political parties and all candidates fro presidential elections were invited to observe the printing, delivery and the packing of the materials and were also invited to observe the dispatch of the materials.
The Commission urged parties and candidates who wished to accompany the materials to officially appoint the agents who would follow the dispatch so that they’d be cleared. This appointment had to be made known to the Commission in writing and include the vehicles they’d use.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2021.10.22Stop It: Singer Spice Diana Family Split over her Association with Wild Crane Gin Advert Contrary to Her Faith
- Entertainment2021.10.22UCC Directive on Gossip Programs to Render 100s Jobless as tough measures on live Dance Shows Relay Looms
- Featured2021.10.22Players kept guessing at Villa Park as the 2021/2022 Star Times Uganda Premier League enters Second Week in action
- Sports2021.10.22FUFA Stacks Airtel’s UGX100M in her Coffers as boost to celebrate Uganda Football’s Finest Talent of 2021