The Electoral Commission conducted local government council elections yesterday in more than fifty electoral areas in different parts of the country where they had been stopped for various reasons.
Mr Paul Bukenya stated that elections in certain areas could not be conducted with the rest at the original time due to violence at polling stations or absence or mismatch of candidates’ details, among others.
Some of the elections held yesterday were for district chairpersons for Kaasangombe in Nakaseke and Nabingoola, Mateete Town Council in Mawogola, Ngandho Sub-County in Budiope and Bala Sub-County in Kole, among others.
In Madi-Okollo, the election of district chairperson was cancelled due to mismatch of photos and names of candidates. Photos of two candidates on the ballot papers had the same name. Ms Aisha Lubega Basajjanaku said all persons participating in the residual elections are required to comply with guidelines against the spread of Covid19 such as observing social distance, hand washing and wearing of face masks.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Uncategorized2022.05.18Obwakamuswaga at 18: Kamuswaga Apollo Kabumbuli II Decries Early Marriages for the Girl Child
- Crime news2022.05.18Fake Auction: Court orders against planned Patrick Bitature Properties `Sale` as Lawyers Strip Selves of Wisdom
- Business2022.05.10EC New Home Panic: Ugly Encumbrances emerge on Butabika Land, IGG Strips Self Naked as Ownership gets questioned
- Sports2022.05.05Stanbic Uganda Cup: Sports Club Vipers tipped for a Season Double through a fair Cup Semi-Final Draw