The Electoral Commission conducted local government council elections yesterday in more than fifty electoral areas in different parts of the country where they had been stopped for various reasons.
Mr Paul Bukenya stated that elections in certain areas could not be conducted with the rest at the original time due to violence at polling stations or absence or mismatch of candidates’ details, among others.
Some of the elections held yesterday were for district chairpersons for Kaasangombe in Nakaseke and Nabingoola, Mateete Town Council in Mawogola, Ngandho Sub-County in Budiope and Bala Sub-County in Kole, among others.
In Madi-Okollo, the election of district chairperson was cancelled due to mismatch of photos and names of candidates. Photos of two candidates on the ballot papers had the same name. Ms Aisha Lubega Basajjanaku said all persons participating in the residual elections are required to comply with guidelines against the spread of Covid19 such as observing social distance, hand washing and wearing of face masks.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.10.20Oh No, Micho! How dirty fingers landed our National Team Coach into hot soup sometime in Zambia
- Business2021.10.20Unapologetic S3X Broker: Sudhir Skillfully Deploys Bad Black at Premier Recruitment to Lure Women into Qatar Business
- Featured2021.10.18Cricket Cranes have no shortcut or excuse but to top the Group at ICC Men’s T20 Sub Regional World Cup Qualifier
- Featured2021.10.18Bobi at Kigo: Hon Segirinya is in pain while Ssewanyana is in high Spirits, not succumbing to intimidation