The Electoral Commission conducted local government council elections yesterday in more than fifty electoral areas in different parts of the country where they had been stopped for various reasons.
Mr Paul Bukenya stated that elections in certain areas could not be conducted with the rest at the original time due to violence at polling stations or absence or mismatch of candidates’ details, among others.
Some of the elections held yesterday were for district chairpersons for Kaasangombe in Nakaseke and Nabingoola, Mateete Town Council in Mawogola, Ngandho Sub-County in Budiope and Bala Sub-County in Kole, among others.
In Madi-Okollo, the election of district chairperson was cancelled due to mismatch of photos and names of candidates. Photos of two candidates on the ballot papers had the same name. Ms Aisha Lubega Basajjanaku said all persons participating in the residual elections are required to comply with guidelines against the spread of Covid19 such as observing social distance, hand washing and wearing of face masks.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee