We can exclusively reveal that singer Wycliff Tugume aka Ykee Benda, might soon relinquish his Kireka Boy tag after his family relocated from the now busy area to a more lush and leafy residence in Bukeerere. The Mpakanyi residence located on Profla lane Namugongo, as it had been known for the past 30 years, had become a popular rendezvous for upcoming singers, who sought to have audience with Ykee Benda every Sunday as he religiously had lunch with his parents and siblings.
Ykee Benda, who has always cherished his ‘Kireka Boy’ tagline, having lived and had his formal education in the area, and also gained his fame through his collaboration song with Sheebah Karungi titled ‘Farmer’ whilst in the area, may now cease to claim fame of the same.
Hot in pursuit of the informal accolade, is now a dancing and singing duo of the Benti Boys who have since borrowed the tagline and re-branded it to Kireka Boys. Ykee Benda, will be credited for having been part of the success of the Benti Boys, owing to the fact that they initially were his back-up dancers until they broke ranks and went solo. One thing for sure is, that the pilgrimage of young upcoming singers seeking for Ykee Benda’s blessing at his Kireka residence is no more.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Cricket2022.12.02Meet John Nagenda: One of the Two Surviving Ugandans to have Represented East Africa at the 1975 Cricket World Cup
- Featured2022.11.28Umar Kremlev: Let UBA Bosses Tell the Visiting World Boxing Body President How our Boxers feed on Sugarcanes
- Featured2022.11.25Dubai Desert 7s: Tolbert Onyango Acutely Name His Team Ahead of December Emirates Dubai and Cape Town 7s
- Business2022.11.25In Love with Women Matters: Workers Depository NSSF, MasterCard Earmarks UGX7.6Bn to Support Women Businesses