The organizing committee of the ongoing annual Buganda Counties football tournament have suspended the quarter final matches in an attempt to restrain the spread of the Ebola pandemic. The Chairperson of the Masaza Cup organizing committee Suleiman Ssejjengo, says that the suspension of the matches which were due on Sunday was to prevent the further spread of the disease that is now continuing to bite. By now about 34 cases have been reported, with some lives claimed.
The quarterfinal fixtures of Buwekula County located in Mubende District was supposed to host Bulemeezi, whereas Singo in Mityana was to play Kyaggwe. Also affected is Busiro County who would play against Gomba and, Mawokota would be playing Buddu. The matches will remain put until when the committee will, with consultations from health experts, reschedule at a later stage.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Entertainment2023.06.01Momentarily Free: Nakawa Magistrate Grants Boxing Boss Muhangi a UGX2M Cash Bail as His Sureties Stake Non-Cash UGX12M, Just in Case
- Entertainment2023.06.01Packed Haziness: President Museveni Throws Back the Junk Sports Bill to Magogo and Minister Ogwang for Further Panel Beating by Parliament
- Business2023.05.29Who is to Blame in the Villa-in – Vipers Venom? Well, This Is When We Should All Sing ‘Wrong is Wrong’ and Condemn Hooliganism of Our Football Fans
- Entertainment2023.05.28Ignore Not Gold but Go for Diamond Too: Let USSSA Go Search for the Abundant Gold but Also Lose Not the Rare Diamonds in Uganda Sports