The organizing committee of the ongoing annual Buganda Counties football tournament have suspended the quarter final matches in an attempt to restrain the spread of the Ebola pandemic. The Chairperson of the Masaza Cup organizing committee Suleiman Ssejjengo, says that the suspension of the matches which were due on Sunday was to prevent the further spread of the disease that is now continuing to bite. By now about 34 cases have been reported, with some lives claimed.
The quarterfinal fixtures of Buwekula County located in Mubende District was supposed to host Bulemeezi, whereas Singo in Mityana was to play Kyaggwe. Also affected is Busiro County who would play against Gomba and, Mawokota would be playing Buddu. The matches will remain put until when the committee will, with consultations from health experts, reschedule at a later stage.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- BusinessNovember 29, 2023It is Dead Muzaata`s Word Against the Living Mubajje`s: Fallen Cleric`s ‘You are a Thief’ Lyrics Returns Social Media Wires Years after His Stinging Prediction
- BusinessNovember 16, 2023Marathon Bar Saga: Entrepreneur Vince Saha Left in Limbo as Buyer, a Mbale City`s Oak Bar Boss Derrick Wekhomba Defaults on Agreement, Flees with Assets
- FeaturedNovember 16, 2023Tortured and Mocked: Ailing MP Ssegirinya Scorned by the Regime that Messed Up his Life, making him Jump into and Out of Patient Departments
- BusinessNovember 16, 2023NWSC Graduates Second Troop of Staff members with Master’s Course in Sanitation at the Institute of Water Education in the Netherlands