The organizing committee of the ongoing annual Buganda Counties football tournament have suspended the quarter final matches in an attempt to restrain the spread of the Ebola pandemic. The Chairperson of the Masaza Cup organizing committee Suleiman Ssejjengo, says that the suspension of the matches which were due on Sunday was to prevent the further spread of the disease that is now continuing to bite. By now about 34 cases have been reported, with some lives claimed.
The quarterfinal fixtures of Buwekula County located in Mubende District was supposed to host Bulemeezi, whereas Singo in Mityana was to play Kyaggwe. Also affected is Busiro County who would play against Gomba and, Mawokota would be playing Buddu. The matches will remain put until when the committee will, with consultations from health experts, reschedule at a later stage.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Featured2022.11.28Umar Kremlev: Let UBA Bosses Tell the Visiting World Boxing Body President How our Boxers feed on Sugarcanes
- Featured2022.11.25Dubai Desert 7s: Tolbert Onyango Acutely Name His Team Ahead of December Emirates Dubai and Cape Town 7s
- Business2022.11.25In Love with Women Matters: Workers Depository NSSF, MasterCard Earmarks UGX7.6Bn to Support Women Businesses
- Featured2022.11.24Fixtures`Jumble: New Seeding Updates place Uganda Netball She Cranes in 7th Rank, the First Drop in Nearly a Year