The receipt of the first batch of ballot papers and declaration of results forms (for district woman representative to parliament) was followed by the delivery of the same for Presidential, Parliamentary and Local Government Councils elective positions in partial consignments. The commission has since received the complete delivery of ballot papers for presidential and parliamentary (directly-elected and district women representative elections).
On the 26thof December, the Commission commenced packing of ballot papers and declaration of results forms for the elections to take place on 14thJan. this year. The packaging period was expected to take a period of seven days (which would then have ended on 2ndor thereabouts). After this, the commission is expected to embark on the second round of packing materials for District/City Local Government Councils elections.
The ballot papers and declaration of results forms are the last items to be included into the polling kit; this being sealed and the serial numbers of the seals recorded and shared with political parties and candidates. The kit will be stored in their facility awaiting dispatch to the respective districts on a date which will be communicated to stakeholders.
The Commission emphasised that the timely packing and planned dispatch would enable the commission to deliver the polling kit to all districts on schedule. The polling kit will include: ballot papers, declaration results forms, polling register (National Voters’ Register for the respective polling station), generic polling forms which include accountability of ballot papers, official report book e.t.c and generic material such as the ink pad, indelible ink, pens and others.
Political parties and all candidates for Presidential elections were invited to observe the packing of the materials and they were also invited to observe the packing of the ballot papers and declaration results forms.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Health2022.06.24NWSC Improves Apac Water Supply with over 150 Kms of Main Extensions to Cover 60% of the Quantity Projected￼ ￼￼
- Politics2022.06.14Soroti City East By-elections: EC sets Tentative but Statutory deadline as Justice Byabakama Preaches fairness and Free process
- Featured2022.06.10Positive Start: Willing Female, Women Residents Register as EC kicks off compilation exercise of Village Women Residents’ register
- Politics2022.06.07Electoral Commission Issues Detailed 2022 Guidelines for Women Councils and Committees From Village to District Levels