KAMPALA, Uganda: Local events promoter Balaam Barugahara of Balaam Events is leading a massive campaign of his members and bar owners to have the staff and clients get rapid vaccination, all in a bid to have their entertainment sector partially opened come December festivities.
Promoters like Balaam, Abbey Musinguzi aka Abitex and Dr. Innocent Nahabwe, a bar/club owner, recently resolved to start the campaign by leading a media campaign and also putting their premises and funds to entice ‘clients’ to grab the opportunity given by government in the just launched six day massive vaccination drive.
The promoters and Bar/Club owners argue that many people who double as their clients, would be very comfortable with going to the said rendezvous for the jab with ease and zeal. “If they have set up centers at churches, mosques and some community centers, why not also do the same with bars and clubs?” asked Balaam.
The events gurus also requested the government to borrow a leaf from other countries that have opened up stadia and clubs where, the only requirement for you to access the venue is proof of vaccination. However, with a lack of a centralized digital health system for one to prove that they have been vaccinated, the entertainment bigwigs seem to be chasing after a wild goose.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee