KAMPALA, Uganda: Local events promoter Balaam Barugahara of Balaam Events is leading a massive campaign of his members and bar owners to have the staff and clients get rapid vaccination, all in a bid to have their entertainment sector partially opened come December festivities.
Promoters like Balaam, Abbey Musinguzi aka Abitex and Dr. Innocent Nahabwe, a bar/club owner, recently resolved to start the campaign by leading a media campaign and also putting their premises and funds to entice ‘clients’ to grab the opportunity given by government in the just launched six day massive vaccination drive.
The promoters and Bar/Club owners argue that many people who double as their clients, would be very comfortable with going to the said rendezvous for the jab with ease and zeal. “If they have set up centers at churches, mosques and some community centers, why not also do the same with bars and clubs?” asked Balaam.
The events gurus also requested the government to borrow a leaf from other countries that have opened up stadia and clubs where, the only requirement for you to access the venue is proof of vaccination. However, with a lack of a centralized digital health system for one to prove that they have been vaccinated, the entertainment bigwigs seem to be chasing after a wild goose.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2021.10.22Stop It: Singer Spice Diana Family Split over her Association with Wild Crane Gin Advert Contrary to Her Faith
- Entertainment2021.10.22UCC Directive on Gossip Programs to Render 100s Jobless as tough measures on live Dance Shows Relay Looms
- Featured2021.10.22Players kept guessing at Villa Park as the 2021/2022 Star Times Uganda Premier League enters Second Week in action
- Sports2021.10.22FUFA Stacks Airtel’s UGX100M in her Coffers as boost to celebrate Uganda Football’s Finest Talent of 2021