KAMPALA, Uganda: Local events promoter Balaam Barugahara of Balaam Events is leading a massive campaign of his members and bar owners to have the staff and clients get rapid vaccination, all in a bid to have their entertainment sector partially opened come December festivities.
Promoters like Balaam, Abbey Musinguzi aka Abitex and Dr. Innocent Nahabwe, a bar/club owner, recently resolved to start the campaign by leading a media campaign and also putting their premises and funds to entice ‘clients’ to grab the opportunity given by government in the just launched six day massive vaccination drive.
The promoters and Bar/Club owners argue that many people who double as their clients, would be very comfortable with going to the said rendezvous for the jab with ease and zeal. “If they have set up centers at churches, mosques and some community centers, why not also do the same with bars and clubs?” asked Balaam.
The events gurus also requested the government to borrow a leaf from other countries that have opened up stadia and clubs where, the only requirement for you to access the venue is proof of vaccination. However, with a lack of a centralized digital health system for one to prove that they have been vaccinated, the entertainment bigwigs seem to be chasing after a wild goose.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.05.10EC New Home Panic: Ugly Encumbrances emerge on Butabika Land, IGG Strips Self Naked as Ownership gets questioned
- Sports2022.05.05Stanbic Uganda Cup: Sports Club Vipers tipped for a Season Double through a fair Cup Semi-Final Draw
- Health2022.05.01Expert adds Scientific Angle to NCS’s Witchcraft Scandal without Dismissing the Vice as a Big Pass time for Africans
- Business2022.05.01Sunday Flashback: How Suleiman Kiggundu Told-off Brethren over a Noble idea of Starting a Moslems Bank but Hijacked It!