MENGO, Kampala: Word reaching us from Muganzirwaaza based Delta TV indicates how the owner, Gaster Lule Ntake has sold the station leaving the unpaid workers wondering when and whether the wheat tycoon is going to pay their accumulated salaries.
Delta TV is joint project between Ntake, Abbey Mukiibi Nkaaga and Patrick Ssebunjo. It had failed to break even on account of much established TV stations. Our pry who is privy to what goes on at the station, told us that the two major shareholders entered a deal to sell it off clandestinely but without paying salary arrears that piled for a period of twelve months.
With this development, the staff at the station are contemplating going on a strike demanding their arrears while those possessing the TV gadgets such as cameras, recorders among others, have refused to surrender the same until they are paid.
Ntakke’s television management woes are alleged to have emanated from his falling out with the Katikkiro of Buganda, Charles Peter Mayiga, over allocation of shares of the station between him and Buganda kingdom.
Having acquired the equipment with assurance that Delta TV was going to be endorsed as the official Television of Buganda Kingdom, Ntakke was taken aback by the Katikiro’s change of heart. The kingdom instead started the Buganda Broadcasting Service (BBS TV) co-owned by Freeman Kiyimba!
Ntake, then sought the partnership of Abbey Mukiibi, who he offered shares and a managerial posting, with the belief of using his history and popularity with CBS radio, to woo Buganda and clients.
However, with lack of basic experience of running a television station and a cumbersome managerial post at the far- flanged CBS TV, it was bound to backfire and indeed has dented Ntake’s history as a flawless employer thanks to his bakery management prowess.
We are told that since then, Ntake has been blaming his Television misadventure on the Katikiro Charles Peter Mayiga. Meanwhile, we have also heard that the rattled employees are contemplating seeking legal redress as well as petitioning the media council.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee