In preparation for the Women Councils and Committee Elections, the Electoral Commission has today started the compilation of a register of willing female residents in each village across Uganda. The exercise kicked off today, Friday, June 10th 2022, and will go on up to Monday June 13rd 2022, in order for them to participate in Village Women Councils/Committees’ elections.
“The purpose of the registration is to enable all willing female residents aged 18 years and above, to register in order to participate in the above elections within their respective villages,” said the Commission in a press release early today. For the next four days, the registration exercise will be conducted from 7:00 am until 6:00 pm on each of the appointed dates, including weekends.
According to EC, the registration exercise shall be for the purpose of electing the Village Women’s Executive Committee, and the village women residents shall be registered in a customized register book provided by the Commission. For one to register in the Village Women Residents Register, she must fulfill the following requirements; She must be a citizen of Uganda, who is ordinarily resident in the Village of registration.
Two, they must be eighteen (18) years of age and above at the time of registration, and must be willing to be a member of the Village Council. The statement adds that; “A person appearing for registration shall be required to provide particulars to the Village Election Official. These include; Names, National Identity Number or Application ID Number, Age, Gender, and Village of Residence.” The elections are progressive in nature. Therefore, a person who is not registered at village level will not be able to participate at any level.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee
- Featured2022.11.30Still a ‘BIG’ Puzzle and Not a Cup of Football Tea for My African Brothers: But Kudos to Ghana, Morocco and Senegal`s Shocker
- Featured2022.11.26Dr. Kizza Warren Besigye: The Ugandan Opposition Giant who Many Still love to Conveniently Perceive a Museveni Mole