KAMPALA, Uganda: The remarkable commitment of the Kampala Water team was highlighted this January 2024, when they were commended at the G77+China and Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summits. In light of that; the National Water and Sewerage Corporation’s visionary Managing Director, Dr. Eng. Silver Mugisha, organized a call to action that is bound to transform the engineering profession in the corporation.
Speaking to groups from the departments of Water Production and Supply at the NWSC headquarters in Nakasero, Dr. Mugisha set out to motivate engineers by encouraging them to register themselves in order to go beyond the usual bureaucratic procedures and open the door to greater understanding and validation of their professional skills.
Dr. Mugisha distinguished himself from the ordinary by emphasizing that professional registration is an essential step in remaining competitive and relevant in the rapidly changing engineering field, not just a checkbox. His call to action for engineers to register transformed into a powerful plea for revolutionary change that instilled in the NWSC engineering community a culture of professional excellence and ongoing improvement.
Keeping a close watch on the power of cooperation, Dr. Mugisha emphasized the critical importance of teamwork, saying that a cohesive team not only generates creative ideas but also develops and prospers as a unit. He gave the assignment to the Senior Director of Engineering Services, Eng. Alex Gisagara, and charged him with delivering innovative and useful engineering solutions to boost individual output.
Additionally, Dr. Mugisha asked Eng. Gisagara to promote a comprehensive approach to professional growth by sharing insights about good managerial skills. Finally, in a moving speech, Dr. Mugisha offered some insightful counsel characterized by; promoting peaceful cooperation, being the first to ask for help when faced with difficult circumstances, being creative, responding quickly to client concerns, and maintaining the company’s stellar reputation.
The General Manager of Kampala Water, Eng. Mahmood Lutaaya, and Engineer Gisagara both made resolute commitments to guaranteeing first-rate service delivery, promoting professional development, and strengthening overall performance in the Kampala Water region.
The meeting allowed for open dialogue by discussing the difficulties engineers have on a daily basis and by accepting solutions for management to take into account. After the meeting, engineers felt inspired, energized, and determined to continue meeting the requirements of their customers and upholding NWSC’s prestigious standing as the top government utility in service delivery.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- BusinessFebruary 27, 2024Exposing the Steal Magnets Eying Luzira: Meet Sanjay Awasthi and Paul Zhang the Callous Steel Billionaires Profiteering from Vandalizing Uganda’s Rail Line
- BusinessFebruary 18, 2024Shameful Event: Tale of How Prince Kassim Nakibinge and Businessman Ssempebwa were Evicted from an Estate They Obtained Over a Fake Will
- BusinessJanuary 30, 2024FIRED UP: G77+China and NAM Summits Lauds NWSC As ED Mugisha Calls on a Course to Professional Action Through the Utility Engineering Community
- BusinessNovember 9, 2023Thumbs Up for Pebuu Africa: The Uganda`s Leading Fintech Firm Which Clinched the Prestigious Go Global Award at International Trade Council in USA