Even little exchanges can leave a big, lasting impact. A simple, pleasant gesture or word may be enough to change the course of another’s day. Similarly, exchanges that are negative can have a lasting impact also. We are all on spiritual journey, although we often do not view it as so on a daily basis. We may contemplate our personal growth in reflection after passing through hardships and challenging times. But, in reality, each day is a spiritual journey, not the big, notable ones.
Each day encounters and exchanges that we have produced an effect. I spend a lot of time in contemplation. That is my nature. If I reflect upon moments in my life that have had a big impact on me, I think back to some difficult days when a genuine ‘have a good day’ from the store clerk lifted me and could be enough to restore faith in humanity. I believe so, it’s important to put a voice to acknowledge the people who have made differences in our lives. An expression of gratitude, however small.
For, this small expression allows for that force of change to be doing ‘just their job’ for even those that champion others grow weary. Even the strong need a rest. Take a time to acknowledge the friendly neighbor who always has a pleasant greeting. The challenge is, that we may feel awkward acknowledging even these simple moments. We are conditioned in our society to be inexpressive, to be separate from our emotions, and worse, separate from our spirit.
Putting a voice out in recognition of those that have made a difference in the lives around us. Even to those that are close to us, we may not express gratitude for their presence enough. I strive to show gratitude where I can, even the appreciation of the ‘nice young man’ at the cash register. Live a life without regrets and express from the soul. We are all on a spiritual journey, after all. One of the greatest gifts that you can give someone is to thank them for being a part of your life. Happy holidays.
- Joan Atuhwera is a Business Administration Graduate, a Human Rights activist and writer with over five years’ experience in pursuing justice for others via her keyboard. She can also be reached via email: [email protected] or WhatsApp +256774334595
- Entertainment2023.02.24Thursday with Joan Atuhwera: The Pressure from Society for Young men and Women to get Married is Extremely Needless
- Crime news2023.02.20Killing Own Fortune: Shock as Entebbe Hospital Gynae Nurse is Arrested for Raping His Female Patients
- Featured2023.02.16Thursday With Joan Atuhwera: Menstrual leave legislation should be Introduced so Women can take the vital time off
- Crime news2023.01.31We Aren’t Sorry for Our Mistake: Investigator Scribes Uphold Hope Mukasa`s Escapades are a Public Affair
Thanks Bonny. That should your real life. Keep the stories coming, am going to ear mark Thursdays like a wedding suit.
Thank you for taking the time to read our stories.