Even little exchanges can leave a big, lasting impact. A simple, pleasant gesture or word may be enough to change the course of another’s day. Similarly, exchanges that are negative can have a lasting impact also. We are all on spiritual journey, although we often do not view it as so on a daily basis. We may contemplate our personal growth in reflection after passing through hardships and challenging times. But, in reality, each day is a spiritual journey, not the big, notable ones.
Each day encounters and exchanges that we have produced an effect. I spend a lot of time in contemplation. That is my nature. If I reflect upon moments in my life that have had a big impact on me, I think back to some difficult days when a genuine ‘have a good day’ from the store clerk lifted me and could be enough to restore faith in humanity. I believe so, it’s important to put a voice to acknowledge the people who have made differences in our lives. An expression of gratitude, however small.
For, this small expression allows for that force of change to be doing ‘just their job’ for even those that champion others grow weary. Even the strong need a rest. Take a time to acknowledge the friendly neighbor who always has a pleasant greeting. The challenge is, that we may feel awkward acknowledging even these simple moments. We are conditioned in our society to be inexpressive, to be separate from our emotions, and worse, separate from our spirit.
Putting a voice out in recognition of those that have made a difference in the lives around us. Even to those that are close to us, we may not express gratitude for their presence enough. I strive to show gratitude where I can, even the appreciation of the ‘nice young man’ at the cash register. Live a life without regrets and express from the soul. We are all on a spiritual journey, after all. One of the greatest gifts that you can give someone is to thank them for being a part of your life. Happy holidays.
- Joan Atuhwera is a Business Administration Graduate, a Human Rights activist and writer with over five years’ experience in pursuing justice for others via her keyboard. She can also be reached via email: [email protected] or WhatsApp +256774334595
- BusinessAugust 23, 2023160 Ugandans Equipped with Practical Skills in Oil Pipe Line, Refinery Construction as CNOOC, UPIK, Sunmaker Implement National Content Policy
- EntertainmentAugust 16, 2023Finding Peace and Healing: Sleeping with your biggest enemy sounds illogical! It is hard to safely put up with the real source of the trauma but…
- EducationJuly 2, 2023On Women Baby-Trapping Innocent Men: Don’t get your sperm near a woman you don’t want to have a baby with. She can’t get pregnant without your little swimmers
- EntertainmentJune 3, 2023Feminists Vs Submission: Today, for women to be guided on their `place` via the hierarchy scale connexion to men, is not only outdated, but unnecessary