Sources from the police headquarters in Naguru, Kampala, have intimated to us that they have mounted a search for vocal opposition activist Frank Kalyango,age 40 years, who is believed to be in hiding.
Our source further revealed to us that a bounty of about 5 million Uganda shillings has been staked for the arrest and prosecution of Kalyango has not been seen since August 2018 .
Kalyango, came into the limelight after his stinging political opinions and activism, against government, went viral on several media forums most especially social media.
Efforts by the police to trace him from of sembabaule,district, where, he was said to be hiding at farm owned by his sister and home of that parents of his wife Mary Grace Nawadda, have been futile.
We have also established that the same security personnel are pursuing one Fred Kavuma, who is alleged to have abated the disappearance of Kalyango.
Kalyango, now joins a long list of wanted political dissidents who have gone underground or have been arrested like; professor Stella Nyanzi, former radio personality Sam Gombya,Sam Ouga among several others.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- BusinessAugust 13, 2023Cross-Border Collaboration: Uganda’s NWSC and Malawi’s LWB Forge Strong Ties in Urban Sewerage Management
- EducationAugust 2, 2023EC Strategic Plan Out: Electoral Body Launches UGX1.3Bn Plan and Roadmap for 2026 General Elections, Calls Upon Stakeholders and Government for Support
- EntertainmentJuly 29, 2023LATEST AT NETBALL WORLD CUP 2023: The Tit Bits at the Only Girls Netball World Cup as the Tournament Games Unfold; She Cranes Doing Their Best
- EntertainmentJuly 10, 2023Tough Times for Tough People: Kamuswaga Roars on as Buganda Finally Elects to Host Their Masaza Cup `Kooki Matches` in the Neighboring Buddu County