In recent videos that became viral on Ugandan social media, it was shown that there were several individuals who stuffed ballot boxes with preticked ballot papers. The allegation is that these were stuffed to favour the incumbent candidate and now President elect.
The Electoral Commission has, in a statement, said that it noted the video recordings. They further stated that they took all measures as per electoral laws to ensure electoral processes were conducted with integrity.
However, it stated that such allegations are given serious consideration and will be investigated to establish their veracity.
These allegations come after a statement form Robert Kyagulanyi who, before the internet was restored, said they had evidence of tampering with the ballot boxes. He promised that this would be released upon the internet being restored.
He noted that it is his intention to ensure that the Commission is accountable for any discrepancies in the elections conducted on the 14thof January. The Commission later announced, on the 16th, that the victor was Kaguta Tibahaburwa who would now be serving his 6thterm as President of the Republic of Uganda.
The Commission is working vehemently to ensure that the result was credible and is therefore ironing out any flaws in the process.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.05.10EC New Home Panic: Ugly Encumbrances emerge on Butabika Land, IGG Strips Self Naked as Ownership gets questioned
- Sports2022.05.05Stanbic Uganda Cup: Sports Club Vipers tipped for a Season Double through a fair Cup Semi-Final Draw
- Health2022.05.01Expert adds Scientific Angle to NCS’s Witchcraft Scandal without Dismissing the Vice as a Big Pass time for Africans
- Business2022.05.01Sunday Flashback: How Suleiman Kiggundu Told-off Brethren over a Noble idea of Starting a Moslems Bank but Hijacked It!