In recent videos that became viral on Ugandan social media, it was shown that there were several individuals who stuffed ballot boxes with preticked ballot papers. The allegation is that these were stuffed to favour the incumbent candidate and now President elect.
The Electoral Commission has, in a statement, said that it noted the video recordings. They further stated that they took all measures as per electoral laws to ensure electoral processes were conducted with integrity.
However, it stated that such allegations are given serious consideration and will be investigated to establish their veracity.
These allegations come after a statement form Robert Kyagulanyi who, before the internet was restored, said they had evidence of tampering with the ballot boxes. He promised that this would be released upon the internet being restored.
He noted that it is his intention to ensure that the Commission is accountable for any discrepancies in the elections conducted on the 14th of January. The Commission later announced, on the 16th, that the victor was Kaguta Tibahaburwa who would now be serving his 6th term as President of the Republic of Uganda.
The Commission is working vehemently to ensure that the result was credible and is therefore ironing out any flaws in the process.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.10.20Oh No, Micho! How dirty fingers landed our National Team Coach into hot soup sometime in Zambia
- Business2021.10.20Unapologetic S3X Broker: Sudhir Skillfully Deploys Bad Black at Premier Recruitment to Lure Women into Qatar Business
- Featured2021.10.18Cricket Cranes have no shortcut or excuse but to top the Group at ICC Men’s T20 Sub Regional World Cup Qualifier
- Featured2021.10.18Bobi at Kigo: Hon Segirinya is in pain while Ssewanyana is in high Spirits, not succumbing to intimidation