In recent videos that became viral on Ugandan social media, it was shown that there were several individuals who stuffed ballot boxes with preticked ballot papers. The allegation is that these were stuffed to favour the incumbent candidate and now President elect.
The Electoral Commission has, in a statement, said that it noted the video recordings. They further stated that they took all measures as per electoral laws to ensure electoral processes were conducted with integrity.
However, it stated that such allegations are given serious consideration and will be investigated to establish their veracity.
These allegations come after a statement form Robert Kyagulanyi who, before the internet was restored, said they had evidence of tampering with the ballot boxes. He promised that this would be released upon the internet being restored.
He noted that it is his intention to ensure that the Commission is accountable for any discrepancies in the elections conducted on the 14thof January. The Commission later announced, on the 16th, that the victor was Kaguta Tibahaburwa who would now be serving his 6thterm as President of the Republic of Uganda.
The Commission is working vehemently to ensure that the result was credible and is therefore ironing out any flaws in the process.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire
- Featured2022.09.19Personal Experience: An Agonizing Story of a relative whose brother committed suicide due to Mental Illness