When a man loves a woman is a timeless classic. It was sung by Michael Bolton. It goes, briefly, when a man loves a woman. He will keep his mind on nothing else. He will trade the world. For a good thing he has found. When she is bad, he won’t see it. And so on and so forth…
Such lines and others from this number, can ably explain Pastor Aloysius Bugingo and Susan Makula Nantaba’s intriguing love story. Not only has Bugingo defied every good counsel about avoiding to commit infidelity with Makula, he has also gone ahead and said things that would ideally boarder on blasphemy itself.
Counseled one day to drop Makula and return to his official wife, Teddy Naluswa Bugingo, the supposed Pastor made a very shocking declaration. He stated, without a care in the World, that he would only do so after God Himself turns on Earth and directs him to!
If you think that is shocking enough, you need to be told about another big shocker which Bugingo dropped just last week. This is what transpired. With Naluswa hot on her neck, he thought of a clever way to get rid of the woman. He sat with his lawyers. The learned men told the pastor that all it would take to defeat Naluswa, was to move to the Uganda’s Constitutional Court.
With the move to the Constitutional Court effected, the learned fellas advised their client, that he would easily defeat and end the God’s commandment that ties married men to one woman! Following that famous counsel, Bugingo went ahead and obtained permission from a Magistrate’s Court in Entebbe.
The order cleared him to test that piece of God’s commandment through the Constitutional Court. For starters, Naluswa dragged Bugingo to court for taking on another woman as his wife. Yet Naluswa herself hadn’t died off. Nor had Bugingo himself prior to that new customary marriage, legally dissolved the marriage that was subsisting then.
Sensing that Naluswa could end up using her case to spoil things for him and his new mistress, Bugingo decided to intrigue against God’s commandment itself. He did this by obtaining the other order, pausing Naluswa’s case pending before Entebbe Magistrate’s court. He then secured another order permitting him to file a petition in the Constitutional Court.
What Bugingo is seeking to achieve via the petition first and foremost, is to render Naluswa’s earlier case inconsequential. For newcomers, constitutional petitions take precedence over all other forms of cases. This implies that Naluswa’s case against Bugingo and Makula is going to be paused as the pastor pursues his petition.
Yet the aim of Bugingo’s petition, is to annul that of Naluswa! As we have pointed out and noted, the long and short of Bugingo’s petition is to question God’s commandment as far as restricting married men to one wife is concerned. According to Bugingo and his lawyers, God erred to restrict men to one woman.
Yet the same doesn’t apply to men subscribing to the customary, Sharia or Hinduism law, they argue. For that matter, according to the gospel by Bugingo, what God commands in this respect, is outrightly illegal. Since, Bugingo adds, the Uganda’s 1995 mighty Constitution outlaws any kind of discrimination!
To Bugingo and his lawyers’ thinking, any person is free to choose who to marry or elope with for this matter. Yet the God’s commandment seeks to restrain such rights as granted by the mighty Ugandan Constitution. This, by tying Bugingo to the Naluswa’s of this world without a stop! Let`s stop here for now and listen in to Michael Bolton’s `when a man loves a woman` to its completion.
- Mr. Stephen Kasozi Muwambi is a seasoned crime investigative writer, majoring in judicial-based stories. His two decades’ experience as a senior investigative journalist has made him one of the best to reckon on in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected]
- BusinessSeptember 9, 2023Expose of What Often Splits Kabaka Ronald Muwenda Mutebi and President Yoweri Museveni Tibuhaburwa in Light of the Ongoing Bataka Standoff
- BusinessAugust 29, 2023Battle4Generals: Otafiire Floors Powerful Muhwezi in First Round of Minds Fight as Museveni Calls Off Bout over Control of Lucrative Digital Number Plates Deal
- BusinessAugust 29, 2023At the Crossroads Again: Kabaka Reads Defiance, Betrayal in Bataka-Museveni Meeting as the Latter Seeks to Use the Clan Heads Ahead of 2026 Polls
- BusinessAugust 23, 2023Dubious Victory: Bizman Ntaganda`s Plot to Fool UNRA, Dfcu in Busega Govt Swamp Deal Leaks as Judge Controversially Let Him off with even a UGX24B Gift