His Royal Highness (HRH) the Kyabazinga of Busoga, William Gabula Nadiope IV has revealed how he will take key interest in development projects of Busoga College Mwiiri, promote talent and also encourage other people, mainly of influence to support the school. HRH Gabula made the remarks as Chief Guest at The Mwiiri League Match Day 5 at Hilltop gardens in Naguru.
Being an old boy and a Muniga of Class 2002-2007 himself, the Kyabazinga was hosted by Atletico Muniga FC, his team. Clad in his Gabula 4 Muniga team jersey, the Kyabazinga arrived at the venue at 3:00pm and was welcomed by Busoga Kingdom’s Chief of Protocol, who is also the Iganga District Deputy RDC, Andrew Ntange.
While at the pitch, The Kyabazinga wore a Captain’s armband for team Atletico Muniga and later started the game between Atletico and Mpala teams. He kicked the ball towards his teammate, while in the center. He later left the pitch and handed over the captain’s armband to Samson Kakoma Kakosi, the Captain and manager of team Atletico.
18 teams participated in several games on Match Day 5 but the 4:00pm game between Muniga and Mpala that the Kyabazinga kicked off ended in a 1-1 draw.
In his speech, the Kyabazinga thanked all sponsors of the league that were mentioned by the Chairman, Arthur Abaliwano. He was also happy to see different Old Boys from different cohorts at the event.
The Chairman of the league, Arthur Abaliwano said that the goal for season 3 league is to see that they construct a modern Cricket Oval at Busoga College Mwiiri. He said 18 teams participated in the season 3 league, adding that 10% of subscriptions and what they receive from sponsors will go towards that goal.
The Chair added that by the end of this year, they will have a modern Cricket Oval befitting of 19-time year champions in Cricket. Later, OBs wined and dined amidst entertainment from local artists like Vampino, Vinka, Martha Mukisa, and Natty Nathan among others.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- FeaturedSeptember 20, 2023Mr. Updates Health Update: Kawempe North’s Ailing Legislator Muhammed Ssegirinya Discharged from Amsterdam UMC Hospital but Still Hoping against Hope
- EntertainmentSeptember 11, 2023Uganda and Kenya Still have to Prove their Might on the Continent as Organizers Kick Out the Afcon 2027 Bidding Neighbors Out of Maiden Clubs
- UncategorizedSeptember 9, 2023Cranes Afcon 2023 Last Card: Fallen Niger Coach Jean Michel Cavalli Aims at Making Life Hard for Micho` Squad with Ugandans now Shopping for a Scientific Calculator
- BusinessSeptember 9, 2023No Thank You: Before we ‘Must’ Say Thank You, Take a Look at the Sickening Outside of the Beautiful Interior of Ham Kiggundu’s Nakivubo Stadium