Let alone the words said and heard, the trio of officials from Pricewater Coopers (PwC) who were assigned by CAF to conduct the inspection exercise in countries that are bidding to host the AFCON Finals in 2027, were observed talking the `not fine` body language, The Investigator Sports can report.
“Yes, No” was the body language keenly observed as they inspected Uganda over the designated two days. The CAF team from PwC to inspect facilities as submitted by Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania for the East Africa Pamoja AFCON Bid 2027 arrived in Uganda on Friday morning. They flew in from Kenya where they had been for two days.
The delegation from Nairobi also had Uganda’s FUFA Exco Member Ronnie Kalema (Member of the Pamoja Bid) and Sarah Ayebale – MoES Representative. Kenyans Doreen Nabwire – Competitions Director FKF, Nasimiyu Maureen Wekesa – Chief of Staff Ministry of Culture, the Art & Sports and John Kiende Ruga- Sports Kenya Ltd (Sports Facilities Custodian in Kenya) also made the trip to Uganda.
After their 9am arrival on day one of the CAF Inspection at Entebbe International Airport (Friday 28th July, 2023), the team headed right to inspect the Mandela National Stadium, Namboole, Nakivubo stadium, KISU-Bukoto stadium, Mulago Hospital, Sheraton Hotel-Kampala and Serena Hotel-Kampala.
On July 28, 2023, the team woke up early to the job inspecting and concluding their assignments starting at 8.30am at St. Mary’s Stadium-Kitende, Denver Goodwin Stadium-Garuga, Entebbe International Airport before proceeding to the boardroom for a very crucial meeting before flying out to Tanzania for a similar exercise.
East African Countries Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania placed a joint bid to host the African Cup of Nations Football final tournament for 2027 in what they have dubbed as the East Africa Pamoja AFCON Bid 2027. We calmly put hands-on our chins typically thinking about a difficult situation or trying to solve a complex infrastructure issue and ponder what next awaiting the verdict by Caf.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- FeaturedOctober 1, 2023Winning Hearts and Matches: When Netball Uganda Team Won Praise at the FAST5 Netball World Series and the World Fans enjoyed them Last November
- EntertainmentOctober 1, 2023FUBA Announced, Nam Blazers Contested, Withdrew and indeed, NBL Playoffs Fittings are Sounded without Nam, Hence Action Starts to Bore
- BusinessOctober 1, 2023Bring We Chew! President Museveni’s Endorsement of a State-of-the-art Indoor Facility at Lugogo Gives Corrupt Sports Officials Another Phase of Chewing
- FeaturedSeptember 20, 2023Mr. Updates Health Update: Kawempe North’s Ailing Legislator Muhammed Ssegirinya Discharged from Amsterdam UMC Hospital but Still Hoping against Hope