A somber mood encompassed the Anti-Corruption court earlier today (Monday) as it dawned on relatives and supporters of State Minister for Planning, Hon Amos Lugoloobi, that he had been remanded to Luzira Prisons until 20th April 2023. Lugoloobi was arraigned before the Anti-corruption court presided over by acting Principal Grade one Magistrate Ebert Asiimwe, and charged with two counts related to dealing with suspect property contrary to sections 21A of the Anti-Corruption Act.
It is alleged that on 14th July 2022 and February 1st, relatedly on 16th March 2023 at the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) stores in Namanve, Lugoloobi dealt with 400 and 300 respectively, pre-painted iron sheets properly marked `Office of the Prime Minister’ which was government property, thus having reason to believe that they were acquired as a result of loss of public property which is an office under section 10(1) of the Anti-corruption act. The Ntenjeru North MP pleaded not guilty to both counts.
However, his efforts to secure bail were dented after the magistrate argued that he needed more time to peruse through the documents his lawyers had submitted to court. Hon. Lugoloobi was arrested on 14th April 2023, by a combined security detail on Entebbe Road and driven to Kiira Division Police station where he was detained until he was arraigned in the court today.
This development brings to two ministers, after Hon. Goretti Kitutu, to be remanded to prison over the OPM Iron sheets scandal that has rocked the country in the recent past. Among the prominent politicians that were present in court include former minister cum Kayunga woman MP Ida Erios Nantaba, and the Kayunga District NRM Chairman Moses Karangwa among others.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Entertainment2023.05.31Alien Skin Attack: Singer Pallaso Destroys his New Brand as he Embraces the Lizard and Street Gangster of the Past Which will Surely Haunt Him
- Business2023.05.27Raw Deal Penned? ‘Boyz 2 Men` and The Collapsing Sauti Soul Band Set to Close Careers During the MTN Yetu Concert at Kololo Airstrip Come June 11th
- Business2023.05.24Hotel Conference Rooms and Pressers have become a Bankable Hot Spot for Masquerading Journalists to Fleece Unsuspecting Gullible Organizers
- Entertainment2023.05.24EAC Pamoja Afcon: The Collective Bid that was Executively Received, Approved and Rejected Upon Its Arrival in Cairo, right at the CAF Boardroom Table